THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

What is best in Life?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Benjamin Frankin Quote


"believe none of what you hear and half of what you see"

This quote by Benjamin Franklin means I should not believe everything I hear because you never know if its true. The part about believeing half of what I see can mean only some of what I see is true. When I think about this part I think of news on T.V. and their reports. Many stories on T.V. are not true and should not be believed. Some things I see I know are not true because its hard to believe without facts.



The part of the quote "believe none of what you hear" is saying that if I hear something with out fact or something to suport it then it should not believed. If I believe everything I hear without having facts then I would be crazy because anyone can say anything to me and it doesn't have to be true.
One quote that I like is the one said by Confucius which is:

"A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake."
Confucius

This qoute means; learn from or keep doing it over till I learn. Learning from one's mistakes shows that I can think and fix what I recognize to be my mistakes. I think if I can learn from my mistakes then I think on a higher level.I can remember in my life when I learned from my mistakes; I was ten years old. At that time I didn't know how to cook but my mom helped me learn. I started by cleaning the cookwear with paper towel (when I got done I left near the stove) and started to light the fire. I turned to get the food I was going to cook and then my mom yelled and got a pan of water. I turned to see a big flame and water mixing in the air with the water winning the battle. Since then anytime I cook I make sure not to have anything near the stove that can catch fire. I learned from my mistakes but my mom won't cook with me anymore.

2 comments:

melinda said...

This is one of the best explanations of the quote by Benjamin Franklin. I loved the way you broke it down, and how u kept it interesting. I also enjoyed the quote by Confucius .Good Job man ..lol..hot ass Graphics ..Rock On

Garnett said...

good job man you really explained it nicely. i can tell how you think. the graphics was crazy especially that Hilary Clinton one good job